Saturday 24 June 2017

Book Review - The Honeymoon by Tina Seskis

The Honeymoon
by
Tina Seskis



Available to purchase here


There's trouble in paradise . . .
For as long as she can remember, Jemma has been planning the perfect honeymoon. A fortnight's retreat to a five-star resort in the Maldives, complete with luxury villas, personal butlers and absolute privacy.
It should be paradise. But it's turned into a nightmare.
Because the man Jemma married a week ago has just disappeared from the island without a trace. And now her perfect new life is vanishing just as quickly before her eyes.
After everything they've been through together, how can this be happening? Is there anyone on the island who Jemma can trust? And above all - where has her husband gone?

Thank you to Michael Joseph/Penguin and Netgalley for this ARC, which I have reviewed voluntarily and honestly.

The book begins with a woman sitting on a beach hoping to catch a glimpse of her husband in the sea. She sits there until the sun rises and then decides she needs to report him missing to the relevant authorities. The chapters move on and are set in the past and present. Jemma informs the resort's staff and another honeymooning couple Chrissy and Kenny.
The last thing Jemma said to her husband was 'I hate you' and the only thing missing from their villa is his mask and flippers. What has happened to Jemma's husband?
If I carry on, I will give two much away, so I won't!

To be honest I was getting a little bored with the book, but then it really picked up pace. I never in a million years would have guessed the ending and I was really pleased that I didn't. In the end the book entered very dark territory and made me think about these 'Honeymoon Paradise islands'. It must be almost overwhelming to be in the middle of nowhere, having to be romantic every minute. 
What if something did happen? - like in the book? I suspect you would feel very trapped and I wouldn't like that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment