Thursday 2 April 2015

A to Z Blogging Challenge B is for....

Here is blog number 2


B is for Books and Blogs





My first blog was about my Cancer Journey. Then after I began writing I started my current blog – this one! 
I decided that this blog, my Facebook page and my Twitter page could be used to update people on my writing progress and also as an outlet for my book reviews.
I have been lucky enough to be given books to review and I have enjoyed reading the books and writing reviews – something I was new at.

Books have always been a part of my life. I often re-read books and have favourite authors whose books I buy when published. I use my local library, buy from my local hospitals book store, buy on-line, borrow from friends and buy on the High Street. I read pretty much anything from cereal boxes to thick old tomes.

My favourite books are Women’s fiction and Chick Lit. I also enjoy Crime and Thrillers. My favourite authors are Jill Mansell, Katie Fforde, Milly Johnson Tess Gerritsen, Lucy Diamond, Jane Costello and Enid Blyton to name a few. My new favourite debut author is Iona Grey who’s book Letters To The Lost is due out soon.

Books will continue to play a massive part in my life as they are a form of escapism.
I think that is why as a child I was always reading. I would even read while eating although that was usually in the form of comics such as Twinkle and then Mandy, Judy and Bunty. As I grew older it changed to Look In, Smash Hits, Just Seventeen, My Guy and one that had photo strips with more grown up stories which I can’t remember the name of!

So as long as I could read it I did. If I didn’t have access to books I really don’t know where I would be.


Find more information here about the A to Z blogging challenge







5 comments:

  1. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone on the A to Z challenge that didn't also love books.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember getting admonished that I would be late for school if I didn't put down that book....
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds familiar. I'm always late for everything!

      Delete
  3. I've gotten so used to reading and eating together that I find "family dinner" kind of painful. Why chit-chat when there's so many things to read?

    (I'm a A-to-Z minion, one of Lisa's Livewires.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally switch off to the outside world when reading. I was banned from bringing my books or comics to the table when I droped my bookmark in the gravy boat :-)

      Delete