Wednesday 1 April 2015

A-Z Blogging Challenge






My A-Z blogging challenge begins now. Everyday through April I will be blogging through the alphabet. Most blogs will be to do with writing and books, but some won't so please try and read them all.
I hope you enjoy them all, so here goes....



A is for Aspiring Author


I always wanted to be a writer. When I was young I always read and had a very good, vivid imagination. I would write stories, but very rarely showed anyone. However I do remember my Grandparents sending one of my stories in for a competition in which I won a bendy pen holder. 

The story I remember the most was one I wrote whilst I was doing my GCSE English Language Course. It was about a person who had died and gone to heaven and they wrote a series of letters home. My English teacher - Miss Robinson - said it had moved her to tears, which was the idea!

About 8 months ago a friend who I went to school with added me to a cat group on Facebook. The creator of this group worked for a publishing house and posted a link to a Creative Writing Masterclass. By then I had started to write a book after an idea popped into my head. 
At the writing class I got a lot of information and was left feeling very inspired.
Now I have 2 drafts on the go (Women's fiction/Chick-Lit) and have booked myself on a local ten week Creative Writing class.

More information can be found here about the A-Z Blogging Challenge 

Please find me on Facebook and Twitter 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Cher'ley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we have similar ideas for this challenge - I did A is for Author today too. It's here: http://writerinawheelchair.co.uk/2015/04/a-is-for/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of authors that used their A to Z challenge as a springboard to published works. So here is to hoping we will see yours sometime in the future!

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope so. Just to see my name in print, brilliant x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Greetings fellow A to Z Challenger! A is for awesome as in that is really awesome that you are taking some action and joining that creative writing class. I am inspired by just the thought. I set a goal to self publish a book this year. I have about 38 pages and so much more to go. I look forward to following along on your journey from A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your book and publishing. I am a bit nervous of the class, but I am sure they will be a nice bunch - well i hope so anyway! x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Dropping from A-to-Z challenge.....
    Amazing start and let me know once your book gets published.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I shall be shouting from the rooftops if I do get published x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete